Tuesday, October 7, 2008

REMEMBER WHAT TIM RUSSERT SAID

One of the last things I remember Tim Russert talking about was that how it would be up to the news media to make sure that both campaigns stayed on the up and up.
This was I believe right after Obama clinched the nomination and the race between Obama and McCain was about to get underway.
I can’t remember his exact words but basically he warned his colleagues at NBC and thus the entire nation that the campaign could fall into the abyss if the participants were not careful. If the press did not do their jobs.

I’ve thought about Tim Russert’s warning as I watched the McCain campaign become not only desperate in their attempt to go after Obama but downright sad as well.
Where is the outrage from the press? This I cannot help but ask. Where are the on-air news personalities (aside from those on MSNBC) calling out John McCain? Why is the mud not being exposed for what it is?

As I write this the second debate is less than an hour away. The election is about a month.
Will our better halves prevail?
One can only hope.

No comments: